FCT Registration and Information
Please note that applying does not save a space in the desired course; a space is only confirmed when payment has been received. The MHFA Facilitator Certification Training is conducted over five consecutive days, Monday to Friday. You must be present for the entire duration of the training. You will be required to watch a 2-hour recorded webinar following the training to go over the logistics of course delivery before receiving your facilitator certification.
The course fee is $3,250 (payable upon acceptance into the course). Should you be unsuccessful in becoming an MHFA Facilitator, you will not be able to keep the MHFA materials.
- You understand that you must deliver a minimum of three courses per year to maintain your certification.
- You understand that a course cannot be delivered to a group of less than 8 participants and a maximum of 15 (virtual) or 25 (face-to-face).
- You understand that you will be required to purchase access codes from the Opening Minds e-store for each participant who attends a course.
- You have reviewed the Facilitator Agreement and understand the requirements for being a facilitator.
Two weeks before the first day of the course, you will receive an email with a link to complete two modules; both modules must be completed 72 hours before the course.
There is required reading and homework after attending the virtual session.
You can expect to spend 2-4 hours each evening on coursework:
- Session 2 Knowledge Check – Tuesday
- Session 3 Knowledge Check – Wednesday
- Session 4 Knowledge Check – Thursday
AV Requirements and Participation
Each participant must have access to their own computer with a microphone and webcam. For learner safety, cameras must remain on for most of the session. To qualify as a participant, you must be logged into Zoom from a computer and participate from said device at all times.
For the safety of our learners, we do not allow participation while driving or riding motorized vehicles and/or operating heavy machinery.
Please dedicate the time/space for this course and make the necessary work-life arrangements to do so. This may include:
- Blocking off calendars to avoid double bookings.
- Making alternate arrangements for after-school pickups.
- Ensuring your workplace duties are assigned to another party.
- Dedicating a space and/or a desk for learning.
Course Conduct and Terms & Conditions
If a participant is disruptive, disrespectful, rude, and otherwise negatively contributes to the unfolding of the course (i.e. inappropriate language) in any way, the facilitator and the moderator have the right to remove the participant from the course.
You will be formally assessed on your mental health knowledge and facilitation skills when you present a portion of the MHFA course on the Friday of your training week.
Based on the assessment you receive following your presentation, there are 3 possible outcomes to your facilitator training:
- Certified Facilitator: the facilitator is able to deliver the course on their own.
- Co-Facilitator: the facilitator must co-facilitate their first 3 courses with a Certified facilitator.
- Does not pass: the participant doesn’t meet the requirements and is not successful in achieving facilitator status.
To be considered as successfully completing the training, you must pass your assessment and be present for the entire scheduled training.