The Working Mind Healthcare
The Working Mind (TWM) Healthcare focuses on providing workers in the healthcare industry with the tools to promote mental health in the workplace while also reducing the stigma of mental illness.
Who We Are
This is an adaptation of the program The Working Mind.
Designed by mental health experts in collaboration with healthcare professionals, this training program explores the different aspects of the healthcare industry while focusing on improving participants knowledge of mental health.
The goal of the TWM Healthcare course is to give participants practical knowledge of mental health and mental illness so they can:
- Understand mental health/illness;
- Recognize signs and indicators in themselves and others;
- Reduce stigma and negative attitudes towards people with mental health problems in a healthcare setting;
- Support colleagues with mental health issues;
- Maintain their own mental health and improve their resilience.
Who should take it?
This course is designed for anyone who works in healthcare or at a healthcare facility. It is recommended that everyone from front-line nurses and doctors to healthcare support staff take this mental health training program.
What to expect
Two TWM Healthcare courses are available:
- Employee (4 hours)
- Manager (8 hours)
In each course, you can expect:
- A trained facilitator with healthcare-related experience
- Industry specific videos and case studies
- Additional statistics relating to healthcare
- Participant reference guides
Did you know?
Healthcare workers report a wide range of health conditions linked to work-related stress, including depression, anxiety, substance abuse and even suicide -Canadian Medical Association
Over 40% of Canadian physicians report they are in the advance stages of burnout -CBC
Healthcare workers are 1.5 times more likely do be off work due to illness or disability than people in all other sectors – Conference Board of Canada
UPCOMING COURSES ACROSS CANADA
Interested in mental wellness training?
We have upcoming courses fit for your needs and in formats that work with your life.
Search our courses
Looking for more information before making a decision?
Our Impact at Work